Move Out of Depression Today!
Call me now on 0413 181 320 for a FREE 15-minute phone consultation
Depression is a state of mind that can affect your mind, body and emotions. Depression can lead to a state of profound sadness, low mood, lethargy, low self-esteem, and anxiety.
It may make the individual develop thoughts of hopelessness, helplessness and in extreme cases may lead to suicidal ideation. Moreover a depressed person develops a sense of aversion towards previously enjoyable activities. Depression can plague your personal life and interfere in your social and professional commitments.
There is no isolated cause of depression – it is often an interplay of genetic factors, body chemistry and life events. It can span a spectrum of negative states from feeling low to severe or clinical depression.
One in every seven Australian suffers from depression. You may be one of them. If you have been feeling more low than usual lately then it may be time to consider the possibility before it takes control of your life.
Instead of plunging into a tide of hopelessness about the state of your life, consider taking help from depression counselling. The earlier help is sought for depression the better the outcomes you experience.
Core problems of depression
Often the first signs of depression appear as changes in eating habits and sleeping patterns and overwhelming feelings of gloom.
Most sufferers detach themselves emotionally and physically from the society and withdraw into a world of their own.
If you suspect that you or your loved ones are suffering from depression then here are a few symptoms that you should look for:
- Changes in sleeping patterns; broken nights or over-sleeping.
- Changes in eating patterns: loss of appetite or overeating.
- Overwhelming feelings of guilt and worthlessness.
- Tiredness and loss of energy.
- Headaches, stomach upsets or chronic pain.
- Persistent thoughts of death or suicide..
- Loss of pleasure in previously enjoyable activities.
- Feeling irritable, anxious or guilty.
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering details, and making decisions.
- Feelings of hopelessness and/or pessimism.
- Persistent aches or pains, headaches, cramps, or digestive problems that do not go away even with treatment.
- Persistent sad, anxious, or “empty” feelings.
The benefits of depression counselling
Depression is more than just experiencing the usual ups and downs of life. It is a mood disorder that is caused by a complex range of issues. Simply thinking positive will not cure you of depression. Therefore it is important that an experienced depression counsellor helps you obtain relief from not only the manifestations but also the cause of depression.
Here are a few positive outcomes you can experience from working with me:
- Confirm that you are indeed suffering from depression and not just regular mood swings and start to create an effective treatment plan together.
- Increased awareness and understanding of the issues that may explain the development of your possible depression.
- Start to treat the root cause of your low moods rather than working on the most obvious manifestations of depression.
- Start to feel more positive about your present and your future.
- Overcome feelings of guilt and worthlessness.
- Learn to cope with the challenges of life with the help of better coping mechanisms.
- Boost your self esteem and improve your decision making abilities.
- Become more assertive, confident and less worried in social environments.
- Feel the pleasure of social connections through reducing avoidance of pleasurable activities
Take the first step towards creating the life you want now…
Call now for a FREE 15-minute phone consultation to discuss your situation on 0413 181 320.