Relationship issues can significantly affect your quality of life, impacting on almost all areas of your life and leave you feeling hurt, sad, angry, resentful, disillusioned, stressed, anxious or even depressed.
Can You Relate To Any Of These Statements?
- We’re just not as happy as we used to be
- There’s been an Affair. We want to stay together but we just don’t know how to get past this. Help!
- My relationship used to give me so much pleasure, but now I just feel pain and misery.
- Our problems seem insurmountable and we just can’t see eye-to-eye.
- We can’t communicate like we used to do.
- We are arguing more frequently and intensely and keep drifting apart.
- I’m starting to wonder where has our love gone and it feels like we don’t have much in common anymore.
- Our sex life is almost non-existent and we don’t know how to get the spark back.
- Since we had kids we have forgotten about us. It’s like we live separate lives.
- I just don’t know what to do anymore.
You may be asking, ‘surely, we can be happier than this?’
Whatever the case, relationship counselling can help.
I can help you to work through and resolve those on-going problems, reduce your conflict, stop the pain, promote intimacy, recapture your love, re-establish or enhance your happiness and make you feel so much better.
Many Of The Couples And Individuals I Work With Report
- Being able to communicate effectively with each other, feeling like their partner really hears and understands them!
- Enjoying Romance and re-igniting that spark.
- A deeper Emotional Connection that they have never really experienced before.
- Breaking free of the negative cycles that they were caught in and relating to each other without criticism.
- No longer feeling resentful or critical of their partner OR feeling constantly criticised by their partner.
- A greater sense of pleasure and enjoyment in their relationship.
- Increased ability to resolve differences and negotiate problems.
- A decrease in arguing and negative cycles of fighting.
- Improved levels of intimacy and closeness.
- Greater sexual satisfaction and emotional understanding.
Don’t wait another minute to get help. You can turn your relationship around today.
If you’re ready to get started with relationship counselling now,
call me now on 0413 181 320 for a free 15-minute phone consultation.
How Can I Help?
Relationship Counselling can help you and your partner to develop healthier and more effective communication skills which, in turn, enables you both to develop a deeper love with a positive emotional connection to each other. Relationship Counselling helps each of you to recognise the habits that you learnt and adopted, often much earlier in your life, that are now no longer useful in your primary intimate relationship.
- Destructive patterns of interacting can be recognised and changed.
- Learn new skills to improve communication and dispel conflict.
- Helps develop problem solving strategies.
- Each of you to feel heard and understood by the other.
- Create new and positive emotional connections with each other.
- Increases your self-esteem and self confidence.
- Helps you become more assertive about your expectations and needs.
- Helps you renew sexual vitality with your partner.
About Colleen Hurll, The Hills District Counsellor And Psychotherapist, Sydney
I am a clinical counsellor and psychotherapist with a private practice in Kellyville/Castle Hill, Sydney who works with individuals and couples to help them overcome the emotional pain of stress, anxiety and relationship difficulties.
Prior to doing counselling with me, many couples I see have struggled with their emotional pain for a long time, longing to find a way to feel happier and relate positively to each other and enjoy the relationship they want.
I am passionate about helping couples overcome the negative aspects and issues that are adversely impacting on their relationship and making one or both unhappy! My aim is to help couples have the relationship they want wherein each are feeling so much happier.Read More
How I Became a Counsellor And Psychotherapist
I have worked in the health field for over 30 years, initially training and working for a number of years as a registered general nurse in both hospital and community settings.
I then developed an interest in mental health and trained as a psychiatric nurse after which I worked in both public and private psychiatric hospitals, often working with clients with depression, including post natal depression, and anxiety. This was an area which greatly interested me.
Having worked on a voluntary basis for a few years as a LifeLine Counsellor, I developed a desire to change my career and become a counsellor.
I attended university where I received my Bachelor of Counselling degree, majoring in grief and loss. At the same time I did a Diploma in Individual, Couple and Family Therapy. These involved intensive clinical practice, as well as an internship at a counselling agency, which enabled me to develop my clinical skills in working with both individuals and couples, incorporating various theories, approaches and techniques.
My interest in working with Individual Clients expanded to incorporate working with Couples and their relationship. Being in a long term committed relationship myself for over 25 years, I have experienced and overcome various relationship difficulties along the way as well as experiencing and hence, valuing, the joy and fulfilment that comes with having a close and loving connection with my partner.
Professionally, I discovered that talk therapy alone was not always effective and the best outcomes resulted when my clients could access and understand their emotional experiences.
This led me to continue my studies with a Post Graduate Diploma in Emotionally Focused Therapy. This diploma was not just theoretical but also helped me do my own emotional work, leading to my own personal growth and healing. This means that my own extensive personal and professional development benefits you in the work we do together.
For the past 17 years I have worked from my private practice based now at Kellyville/Castle Hill.
A row over something small blew up and revealed that our 13 year relationship was in deep trouble. In shock we decided to seek emergency help. We were very fortunate to choose Colleen, who guided us through a painful and seemly hopeless situation with great skill, sensitivity and calmness. Our marriage and our family life with our two young sons has been saved. Through our time with Colleen we have learned new life skills to carry forward, both as individuals and as a couple.
We are now on a much happier path, and with continued effort our marriage will be stronger and more honest than it ever was. Thank you for everything Colleen.
Jim and Caroline
Colleen, Thank you so much for your help and support over the last two years, we both appreciate the great difference you have made to our marriage.
Geoff and Mary
Colleen, thank you so much for all your help. Your skills and professionalism is greatly appreciated by us both.
Susan and Mike
How Long Is a Relationship Therapy Session?
At Colleen Hurll Counselling, individual and couple sessions are for 60 minutes unless prior arrangements are made. I also offer 90 minute couple consultations if you would like a longer couple session. Please contact me.
What Are Your Fees?
Each session is for 60 minutes.
Individual sessions: $150
Couple sessions: $170
Pre-payment of six sessions in advance will attract a $15 reduction for each session.
Take the First Step towards having the relationship you want now!!
Make an appointment now to explore your concerns with Colleen Hurll, an experienced and professional Counsellor, in a confidential, safe and caring environment.